It’s just about that time of year again! When the sun comes out, the temperatures rise, shorts get shorter, shirts get more cropped and there’s more man tanks than ever seen before! Oh and did I forget to mention flash tats and flower headbands? You guessed it; we’re talking about some of the most common music festival trends! Summer music festivals are kicking into high gear with Osheaga, Ile Soniq, Escapade and much more! Some music festivals focus on one specific genre of music, while others deliver diverse lineups that appeal to a wider range of music lovers. Summer music festivals are an amazing time to experience the good weather, taste different types of food, meet new people and open your music horizons up to different producers and artists. As much fun and craziness these music festivities provide, they are in no means an easy task to accomplish, and require some thought out plans in order to safely and adequately enjoy your time! We’ve gone through the trouble of preparing a checklist of the top ten critical essentials and tips you will need in order to survive any summer music festival!
- Buy your tickets as soon as possible – we know that when it comes down to summer music festivals, tickets go out very quickly and the more time that passes from the release date, the more expensive they get!
- Wear sunscreen – you’ll be thanking us later when your skin is on fire and you can’t wear any clothes that touch your skin. As unpredictable as the weather gets, don’t allow yourself to be fooled by some hazy clouds, apply anyways!
- Water. Between the all the alcohol consumption, dancing and standing in the blazing sun, it is very easy to get sun stroke or feel light headed due to dehydration. Make sure to keep yourself hydrated so you have energy to party.
- Personal Hygiene Supplies – We know that these music festivals can last all day if not sometimes overnight and into the weekend, in that case, bringing along a toothbrush, toothpaste and hand sanitizer will definitely come in handy!
- Pack toilet paper – as silly as this sounds, it’s probably the one thing on your checklist you’ll be most thankful you brought with you. Once you break your seal, heading to the porta potties every hour is not going to be a fun experience especially when you get there and realize there is nothing to wipe yourself with..
- Get a portable phone charger – you’re not going to want to miss out on any of the action going on to find a random outlet to plug your phone into! This is key.
- Wear the right shoes – There’s nothing more aggravating then walking around in uncomfortable shoes especially when the parks that hold these music festivals are huge and you want to be dancing all day and night!
- Choose the right crew – There’s nothing worse than being with a group of downers when you’re in the mood to let loose and have a good time!
- Dress the part – It’s the summer and you’re going to a festival! Push your limits a little.
- Have fun – self-explanatory.
It is nearly impossible to have a bad time at a music festival, unless you choose not to follow this checklist and push your boundaries a little bit too much! Know you’re limits and drown yourself in the music and the good vibes all around you!
This is where you feel alive.